Need a couple Wheel/tire combo's answered

-

Wrencher

Reaction score
Hi,

About to order a set of wheels, and was wondering what kind of backspacing i should be looking to get. Wheels will be Crager S/S. 15x7 is about the widest a fully stock dart gt can handle, right?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-61754/
is what im looking at. I think it will be a fine match. I'd just like some input/backup.

I was also thinking of going 225/60/15 on all 4's, will this be a wise choice or should i go smaller. Car will be a Sunday driver, will occasionally drive it to work. Maybe more.

next few questions..... while im at it, Im going to replace the left hand threaded lug studs, can those be found on summit?
7/16" is the lug size?

ok, check that. How about a 15x7 wheel with 4" backspacing instead, would i be safe with a 225/60/15?

I've got 235/60/15's on 15x7 4" BS cragar ss on the back of my 65 GT...I flipped the front hanger to lower it a little, only slightly rubs in hard turns. didn't rub before I lowered it.
pics035.jpg

Thank you.... that dart looks really good. I think the 65's are my favorite. 4"BS looks nice two. Great pic
What size are you running up front?

I just saw the coys wheels and have decided against the cragers, for now. Hopefully shipping isn't outrageous on these coys as the cragers shipped free from summit

I've had 255/60/15 on 15X7 steelies w/4 1/4 bs on my 64... Now have 235/50/17 on
17X7 w/4" bs... 15X7 w/4" bs on front w/205/65/15's...

Bob

Well i just bit the bullet and ordered some Coy's C5 wheels. went 4" backspacing, which is great to hear that you run the same BS on your 64 Bob.

When it came down to it, I think i played it safe and went 205/60/15 on the front and 225/60/15 on the rear.

I wasnt wanting to push my luck on the tire sizes because im sure the rear leafs are probably a bit saggy. Front seems fine, but no power steering got me thinking twice about going bigger and a lot wider with the front tires.
The sidewall difference seems negligible between the 2 sizes as well so i dont think the car will have a slope to it.

My father just gave this 29k survivor to my youngest brother as a wedding gift. We had tires rims and airshocks ready and on within 24hrs. Dad was not thrilled. I just added a 70 dart style tip today. Its only a /6, for now. Rears are 15x7 with 4''bs with 255 60s fronts are 155 80s on a 15x4.5 rim. As it sits now no rubbing, but it cant go much lower or the tires start rubbing (only around turns) inside the wheel well , 2-3 inches above the wheel lip. My brother loves it as is.
brians653.png

brians652.png

brians65.png

that looks good. The 65's are my favorite of all the early A's.

I wound up playing it safe and going with the 205/60/15 on front with a 225/60 on rear. I Ordered the Coy's wheels in a gunmetal, 15x7's, 4" backspacing. They look really good. I had to order wheel studs to replace the LH threads on the drivers side, as well as a set of wheel cylinders. Once I get the repairs done and get the thing cleaned up, I will post pics.

-
Back