need a cummin diesel expert

-

WildCat

Reaction score
was needing to know what the canister under the turbo on a 95 Dodge with a cummins is called.

Has heater hose hook up on the front of it. Thought it could be the heater for the cooling system (got one that is kind of like that on the backhoe) then thought it might be for the fuel heater. But I'm just guessing. Have to see about getting a new one to replace this one. Would be nice to know what the he*l it is

My repair manual does not show it so I thought someone here might have a cummins and know what it is.

Now that I think about it my oil cooler was built into the block so I am not sure on that one..... I am on my third Cummins dont have to raise the hood often on those things....

I think you are talking about the trans. cooler,if you are an automatic trans.
I have 1 ,I just removed from a 91 auto if intrested $ 50.00 + shipping

yes it turns out to be the trans cooler.

I got under the truck today and the tranny lines run from trans to cooler only, and the coolant lines in front out the back.

since I need to change the steel lines also and since I plan on keeping the truck for some time I will put a new one on since this one rusted out, I would hate to install a used one and have it go out in a short period of time.

Thanks for the input

-
Back