Need a good chromer !!!!!!!! East coast !

-

scottylack

Reaction score
anybody know of a good chromer , reasonable price around Jersey or east coast

thanks

Yeah, I've had good luck with New England Chrome. They're in Hartford,CT.

djm in philly did mine about 12 years ago - excellent experience with them at the time

There's a place in Tennessee that has a real good rep. I forget the name. I'm sure it'll come up if you google it.

Tri-city in Knoxville (I think) TN did a bumper for me a few years back. Done an excellent job.
C

We can thank the EPA for running so many good shops out of business. All their clean air vapor rules have made doing the job so expensive.

I live near Detroit and some old guy was telling me how all the shops had to close down cause they could not afford the right equipment the EPA now requires.

But when the big gulf oil spill happen last year, the EPA said oh no big deal, most the oil will evaporate in the hot sunshine.

Tri-City in Tenn. has done 3 sets of bumpers for me. I am extremely pleased with their work and would use them again. They also offer free shipping to and from any of the shows they attend and it doesn't have to be a Chrysler only event!!!!!!

Miller & Son,
Since 1913 24 Belleville Avenue
Belleville, New Jersey 07109

MARA Polishing & Plating CO
105 W Peddie St, Newark, NJ 07112

Ron Monte Triple Chrome Platng
25 Roseland Avenue, Caldwell, NJ
(973) 226-6184

Dito on the E.P.A. Had a metal electro plating dept in our Co. Had to hire a full time person to keep up with regs. Bigger problem is that State and Local can impose more regs. than the Feds!! We are talking Wi. Just 2nd to Calif. Guess what, sold the company. Not worth the s---.

Yo!
Guy in Philly is DGM, not DJM...
And he can be a real pain in the ***.
Seen some very nice looking stuff from him, and some not...

Of course, this is just my opinion, which may or may not be worth ****.
This is neither an endorsement, nor meant to personally slam him...
(Hey, I can be a pain in the ***, too!)

Now if you really want the best (and you will pay for it),
contact Brown's Plating Service, they're in Kentucky or Tennessee, IIRC.
Expensive, but the finest work you'll ever see.

China doesn't have this EPA junk, and then we are told its cheaper labor cost why the USA can't match China prices. No, its all the red tape the USA government imposes

Notice how Chinese cars have yet to be sold, its cause China doesn't have all the smog and safety standards, not how much labor costs are.

Heck best thing the USA could do is dis fund the EPA, help balance the budget and make it cheaper to compete, we would get 2 wins, but noooo...meanwhile there is another oil spill going on right now and don't forget the Nuke plant in Japan is still melting down. The environment is still getting shaft but we gotta play mr clean

-
Back