Need a little info on gas pedal location.

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
I'm working on project for my boss, doing floormat setups for his business (lincoln interiors 1955-1979) And want to also add(sneak in) my 63-66 A-body Rubber floor mats. But I need the location of the gas pedal for the slanty's that's bolted to the floor. I'd like the measurements from the side wall to gas pedal and from the bump under the seat to the gas pedal, so I can make the cutout work with either cable or linkage cars. thanks
gas pedal location.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the same measurement on a 66 Valiant as a 66 Dart. If you agree, let me know and I'll grab these. I'm likely tied up till tomorrow night but I can get it then if no one else gets there first.

I'm pretty sure this is the same measurement on a 66 Valiant as a 66 Dart. If you agree, let me know and I'll grab these. I'm likely tied up till tomorrow night but I can get it then if no one else gets there first.
yeah they are pretty much the same. I'd appreciate it if you could. Only the rear seat section and floor pan back there are different on the darts VS the valiants. I ran into that making my new convertible carpet side panel pieces Thanks

Still looking for info on the gas pedal location , need it to make sure my floor mats fit both the cable operated cars and the /6 throttle rod ones. thanks

OK. I can get these when I get home in a couple of days, like on Tuesday.

I finally got these today. From the wall to the edge of the pedal closest to the wall, 18". I measured this as straight across as I could, the wall is on an angle.

From the rearmost of the foot of the pedal the the bump, 15".

These are on a throttle rod car.

I finally got these today. From the wall to the edge of the pedal closest to the wall, 18". I measured this as straight across as I could, the wall is on an angle.

From the rearmost of the foot of the pedal the the bump, 15".

These are on a throttle rod car.
Thank you very much. that helps a bunch. I'll have to move the pedal cutout down another inch %$$%^#$ got the side ones perfect (sheer luck happened right there)

I would put the gas pedal on the same side as the steering wheel is on... :steering:

I would put the gas pedal on the same side as the steering wheel is on... :steering:
Damn you mean I have to put the steering wheel in? I was thinking of just winging it , using a couple ropes for the wipers and steering. that way the feet would be of more use.:lol:

-
Back