-
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig984

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need a good small block M P distributer. My Cuda has allready been converted to eletronic ignition but I am using a OEM distributer and I need to upgrade. Mesa, AZ. 85209. Thanks, Craig

They are available through Jegs, Summit, Mancini, etc.

FWIW, there is no performance advantage to the MP distributor. It just gives you the ability to adjust the mechanical and vacuum advance. This can be done to the OEM unit by welding or epoxing up the the slots.

They are available through Jegs, Summit, Mancini, etc.

FWIW, there is no performance advantage to the MP distributor. It just gives you the ability to adjust the mechanical and vacuum advance. This can be done to the OEM unit by welding or epoxing up the the slots.
My OEM distributer, the mechanical dosent appear to be all in until 3600 rpm and with increased rpms it still jumps forward with more advance. My understanding with a performance distributer, it should come in to full mechanical around 2200 and hold true???

I have a new Accel one for sale. Billet housing,high quality Accel cap and rotor,plugs right into the MP harness. Part # 59301 if you want to any research on it. $125 plus shipping.

My OEM distributer, the mechanical dosent appear to be all in until 3600 rpm and with increased rpms it still jumps forward with more advance. My understanding with a performance distributer, it should come in to full mechanical around 2200 and hold true???

That is true but you can buy a $5 set of springs from MP that will make the OEM distributor have all the timing in around 2000-2500 rpm. The advantage of the MP distributor is you can dial in the amount of timing in the distributor to match the cam you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back