Need a parts list for a Disc brake conversion please...

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
Here is what I have...
1968 Plymouth Valiant 9" drums all around, no power.

I have some front end brakes from a 77 Dodge Aspen.
I plan on using the spindles from this and buying new 11.75" Rotors(bearings, seals, dustcaps) from a Cordoba, use the Aspen calipers as cores for new ones.
So I need the "larger" caliper brackets as well.

What about flex lines?

I still need 73+ UCA's correct?

Need a proportioning valve.

Need a new master cylinder. (I have a booster and master cyl from the Aspen I think, can I take off the master cyl. and just use it?

Do I need to get new lower 73+ LBJ's?

I also plan on buying a 8 1/4" diff for the rear to match the bolt pattern.

Am I missing anything?

Yes you will need the larger caliper brackets for the 11.75 disks but they should bolt right on

Yes you need the UCA from a 73+ Abody

Yes you will need the LBJs as well Moog K781 & K783 ( Yours existing ones will be K785 & K787 if you have drums now see http://www.turbinecar.com/misc/Mopar-MoogSuspension.htm )

As for the hoses, it will depend on the callipers used... if your using the FMJ calipers I have noted to use the 73-79 BBody hoses however this may also depend on if your mounting the calipers towards the front or rear (spindles are interchangeable side to side) this also depends on which anti-swaybar and mounting your going to use (if any).

So, do you have a anti-swaybar currently or will be adding one and if so which years anti-swaybar?

"Yes you will need the LBJs as well Moog K781 & K783" - Are these from a 73+ a body disc brake car?

I plan on using the FMJ calipers and don't currently have a sway bar. Will 73-79 BBody hoses work for this?

I was told the caliper will mount on the front unless I do a sway bar, and then you swap spindles from side to side?

Need a new master cylinder. (I have a booster and master cyl from the Aspen I think, can I take off the master cyl. and just use it? I don't plan on having power brakes, but may change my mind.

-
Back