Need a picture of a 63 or 64 Dart license plate light

-

jamesfillmore

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Tryining to figure out EXACTLY what light gets used on those years. Pretty sure 63 & 64 use the same one.

Does anyone know if 65 and 66 are the same or different? Have a picture of those?

Just trying to make sure I document my gaskets correctly.

Jim Fillmore
Detroit Muscle Technologies

I will take a peek since i have from 63 to 73 a bodies, I'm pretty sure that 63 to 66 is the same, you need to check with joeychgo about becoming a vendor on here
Tryining to figure out EXACTLY what light gets used on those years. Pretty sure 63 & 64 use the same one.

Does anyone know if 65 and 66 are the same or different? Have a picture of those?

Just trying to make sure I document my gaskets correctly.

Jim Fillmore
Detroit Muscle Technologies

I will take a peek since i have from 63 to 73 a bodies, I'm pretty sure that 63 to 66 is the same, you need to check with joeychgo about becoming a vendor on here

That'd be GREAT. I spent HOURS last night Googling. What I found is it looks like all 63-65 A bodies and many B bodies used the same license plate light. A small rectangular one that is distinctive in that it has metal tabs that bend over the lense to hold the lense in place (the metal back is kind of pyramid shaped with the bulb in the side at the top of the pyramid).
I think then in 66 (Plymouth A bodies at least) used a larger rectangular light.
67 and up many used basically the same light as the Challenger (rectangyular with a black foam gasket).

If you can confirm as many as you can I'd appreciate it and would be willing to compensate you for your effort; gaskets, $ :)

Don't know why I always forget to do this during show season.

Thanks,

Jim Fillmore

PS I am a Gold Member. Whats a vendor? The advertising on the sidebars?

..... What I found is it looks like all 63-65 A bodies and many B bodies used the same license plate light.....

Don't know why I always forget to do this during show season.

Thanks,

Jim Fillmore

Because, Jim, if you're anything like me and 99% of the folks I know, If it wasn't for the last minute NOTHING would get done!

ATB

BC

I can post a pic in the morning. I have a 63 dart light and lens sitting on the floor in the garage.

Because, Jim, if you're anything like me and 99% of the folks I know, If it wasn't for the last minute NOTHING would get done!

ATB

BC

My famous line, Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute :) I TRY not to live by that motto but see it all the time ESPECIALLY at my day job. They should change the name of the company to that line!!!!

Sorry, got a little tired and slipped my mind. Here you go.

Attachments

• DSCN0753 (Medium).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN0754 (Medium).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN0755 (Medium).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 132
That's the same as the one for my 65 Dart convertible

That's the same as the one for my 65 Dart convertible

Thanks guys. So safe to say 63-65 Dart license plate lights / gaskets are the same.

I have an old picture that I have labeled at "66 Dart LP Light". can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• 66 Dart LP Light.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 162
Then 67 and later Darts use the lamp I call the "Challenger License Plate Light". Since it's used on
67 and later Darts
67-69 Barracuda's
70-74 Challengers
68-70 Chargers
68-70 Coronets

Attachments

• challenger light.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 123
the 66 liscence plate light assembly is indeed correct, must be a one year part. i just built my own LED light for mine, 66 dart 270, and its the same.

-
Back