need a picture please help

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pic of a 60 to 62 early a body manual steering gear box inside the engine bay I'm thinking of changing from power steering to manual because of some fittment issues I'm having with my new Turbo setup the Turbo shroud is hitting the pitmen arm adjustment nut and I was curious if there is any size difference between the two in that aera
thanks Aaron

here is a 62-- 60-61 are different

Attachments

• IMG_9510.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 111
so what your saying is 62 is a bastard year will a 63 to 66 a body close ratio fit in a 62
vdart that manual box doesn't look much smaller then my power steering box
aaron

No, what I'm saying is 60-61 have a different gear box altogether, 62 is the same as 63-66 cars-- so if you have a 62 your good to go. did the picture help? The 62 manual box is the same aluminum style that ma mopar used in everything, not sure about the size difference between p/s & this especially for a 62 car-- p/s is pretty rare. Lawrence

I believe the power box is longer because it requires a shorter steering column .Manual boxes are Lighter. It may be smaller all the way around . Maybe someone could post a pic with a side by side comparison .

ill try and post a pic of mine in the morning I work midnights
moparhead u live in my neck of the woods will have to get together one day I'm always down to check out a new ride
Aaron

here are some pictures of p/s on a toad vehicle-- I was thinking of putting that on my car years ago-- this guy had it for sale from a Lancer, that is as close to a p/s toad as i have seen.
Srixon need to post up some pics!! Lawrence

Attachments

• DCP_0003.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 91
  • DCP_0002.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 89
here's my 62 vailants power steering
IMG_20111103_221343.jpg

-
Back