Need a push in the right direction

-

Jimmy-James

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am not sure if this is in the right spot so if I am in the wrong forum I apologize.
I have a project car I need some help on, my son an myself got burnt out on it. its 80% done and I hit a wall.
I am looking for a recommendation of a mobile mechanic or a shop that might help us get over this hurdle. Granted here in Phoenix it's 114 in the shade right now so I know a lot of motivation has "evaporated" for others as well.

Its a 65 Dart GT with a 318 that was built by Outlaw Race Engines
my Dad wanted a supercharger on it so it has a Vortex Novi 1200. We pick up all the stuff that was recommended by the shop.
It has been sitting since January 2020 since pops passed, and as much of a gearhead I think I am I know there are volumes of books on what I don't know.

So if you have someone in mind or even a really good shade tree mechanic I would be happy to get the recommendation.
I am in Phoenix Arizona, South Surprise to be more specific.

thanks
IMG_4244.jpg

man, bummer you're in phx, if you weren't 6hrs away i'd be all about telling you to get that thing on over to me! sounds like a cool project!

man, bummer you're in phx, if you weren't 6hrs away i'd be all about telling you to get that thing on over to me! sounds like a cool project!
yeah we hit hard but didn't get it done in time.
on the fence of finishing it or selling it
the motor is suppose to put out 510 at the flywheel.
leaning toward keeping just so i can take a drive in it

Unless you are in dire straits, Keep it. Work on it when you can. It will wait for you and never complain.I always tell myself no matter what you get for it it will cost double for another one.
It is so hard to recommend someone because all shops differ. One may have a great experience and another gets burned.
Then it's your fault because of your recommendation . I have 2 shops in my area and have known the owners for years.
Problem is they are SLOW and cars sit for months and even years before completion. I have no idea how they stay in business.
Also sounds like a project like yours will cost BIG bucks to complete. Let me know if you want any information.

Unless you are in dire straits, Keep it. Work on it when you can. It will wait for you and never complain.I always tell myself no matter what you get for it it will cost double for another one.
It is so hard to recommend someone because all shops differ. One may have a great experience and another gets burned.
Then it's your fault because of your recommendation . I have 2 shops in my area and have known the owners for years.
Problem is they are SLOW and cars sit for months and even years before completion. I have no idea how they stay in business.
Also sounds like a project like yours will cost BIG bucks to complete. Let me know if you want any information.
appreciate it, yeah the dollar amount in receipts is staggering. we have everything except the rear end. I have a ford 9 and a 10 1/2 core.
the Holley EFI is intimidating truth be told. the Holley rep set us up with everything in that line, from tank to distributer.
I guess that adage of the last 20% takes 80% of the time.
I'll head out there now and do something... anything is a starting point.

If anyone is in Phoenix feel free to stop by, grab a cold one and point to what I need to address :)

appreciate it, yeah the dollar amount in receipts is staggering. we have everything except the rear end. I have a ford 9 and a 10 1/2 core.
the Holley EFI is intimidating truth be told. the Holley rep set us up with everything in that line, from tank to distributer.
I guess that adage of the last 20% takes 80% of the time.
I'll head out there now and do something... anything is a starting point.

If anyone is in Phoenix feel free to stop by, grab a cold one and point to what I need to address :)
What your needing is what I do for a living... I come to people's houses and help them with their nostalgic hot rods..

What your needing is what I do for a living... I come to people's houses and help them with their nostalgic hot rods..
How long will you be in Phoenix ? :p Do you travel with your tools?

Write a list of exactly what needs to be done to get it done. Do one small task every day and cross it off the list. You'd be surprised at how seeing progress will make you feel motivated and see an end.

How long will you be in Phoenix ? :p Do you travel with your tools?
He was asking somebody to come over have a beer and point at what he needs to do...
With 10 years plus experience coming to people's homes and helping them with the restorations... I'm sure there's a lot I can point out over the phone...

-
Back