need a rebuild kit for an 8.25

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
These master rebuild kits I keep seeing for the 8.25 are like 100.00 is there an more affordable solution? Do I really need the entire master kit?

How in the world do we know what you need or don't need?

If you can maybe take pictures of your bearings. Or inspect them and describe?

If you can maybe take pictures of your bearings. Or inspect them and describe?

All the bearings do need to be changed and I know I need new rear cover seal and the seal that goes on the yoke but I don't know what else comes in the kit...

IMO i did answer the question. Buy the master rebuild use it all... That way in the end you know exactly what you have no question marks.

100 for a rebuild kit????I don't know what kit you have but bearings and races and seal for 100?I must be reading another cheap bastard thread!Thats a great price if the kit is Timkin or same quality.

100 for a rebuild kit????I don't know what kit you have but bearings and races and seal for 100?I must be reading another cheap bastard thread!Thats a great price if the kit is Timkin or same quality.

:sign3:

Oh I must be reading another dumb *** reply to a thread. Thanks for your time D-bag

I tried looking for a rebuild kit for an Abody 8.25, all I keep getting is reference to the jeep 8.25. I don't think the parts interchange. Where is a good place to get such a rebuild kit? thanks

All the bearings do need to be changed and I know I need new rear cover seal and the seal that goes on the yoke but I don't know what else comes in the kit...

Differential Side Bearings; Inner Pinion Bearing; Outer Pinion Bearing; Pinion Washer; Pinion Crush Sleeve; Pinion Nut; Gasket Sealer;

Attachments

• 16501.08.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 126
You might need the pinion shims too. Might as well replace the axle bearings and seals while it's apart. A $100 is cheap insurance if you ask me.

You might need the pinion shims too. Might as well replace the axle bearings and seals while it's apart. A $100 is cheap insurance if you ask me.

Yup. And way better than pulling it apart a year down the road to replace seals or something.

-
Back