Not open for further replies.

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
For those of you that may have some front wheel drive parts in your stash.

I need a shifter cable for one of my 1988 Daytona Shelby's with the A-555 tranny. It's the selector cable that I need, not the crossover.

The orig. part no. was 4431 341 which was later changed to 4504 304

Thank you,
Tony

I have a few shifter cables here but they have been from 543 trannies,I can see what #s are on them if you would like?
Doug

whats wrong with yours?is it the bushings?

No, the outside of the cable separated where it goes thru the bracket
on the tranny where the holding clip is. The rubber weather seal tore in two and
this let the metal sleeve inside slide down.
When going to second or fourth the inside cable would
bend, not letting it have enough reach to engage the gears. What I did was
pull the metal sleeve back up to where it should be and put the JB weld to it to hold
it in place. After that set up, I put rtv to it completely enclosing everything.

That should be set up tomorrow. It should work ok after that.
There is no pressure in this area so it should be fixed after it sets up.

Tony
Could I ask a favor?I just did a clutch in my 93 Iroc R/T and broke the damn crank sensor(18 degrees on my back and it slipped on the jack)
I have been all over the place trying to come up with a part# for it and have come up with nothing.Do you have any parts catalogues that have the T3 engine parts in it?If so can I bother you to look up the part # for me?
Desperate Doug

I wanted to let you all know what Tony did for me,I owe you big time Tony.
I was searching for a new crank sensor for my Daytona Iroc R/T,which fell into many pieces when I tried to remove it from my car.I know Tony is a Daytona guy and I asked if he could look up the mopar part # for me? I had asked on two different turbo mopar sites if anyone could get me the # and not one person chimed in.He pm'd me the # and I now have a new one on its way.But Tony also sent me a puter disc with all the #s which he didn't have to do.I just wanted to let you all know what a great member Tony is(which you all probably knew that)
Thanks again
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back