Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Need the torque spec for the large hollow bolt that holds the
cast iron right angle oil filter adapter to the block on a
small block.

Thanks

Tony, if memory serves me correctly I think it's either 20 or 25 lbs ft. The last one I did was a few years back, but that sticks in my head.

Tony this is not the same for every bolt. If you have the bolt with the 4 holes drilled next to each other they tend to break at the holes . use the one that has the holes drilled offset. or the oval holes. three gaskets one thin on the bolt . one thin around the perimeter and a thick cork on the the bolt after its through the adapter. I never saw a torque listed but I will look in the shop manual. or in the instructions with a new one I have. Its aluminum but uses the same bolt.

Tony this is not the same for every bolt. If you have the bolt with the 4 holes drilled next to each other they tend to break at the holes . use the one that has the holes drilled offset. or the oval holes. three gaskets one thin on the bolt . one thin around the perimeter and a thick cork on the the bolt after its through the adapter. I never saw a torque listed but I will look in the shop manual. or in the instructions with a new one I have. Its aluminum but uses the same bolt.

Thanks guys!

Please let me know what you find in the instructions.

Tony

I just put mine on tight.......that's it....if it leaks, then tight-er.....:D

-
Back