Need a wideband... and a gauge pod.

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
So i need a wideband so I can monitor my a/f. I was looking at getting this one...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MDT8MW/?tag=joeychgo-20

anyone else have any recommendations?

Also, I already have an a-pillar gauge pod with 3 gauges in it. I need another spot to put this a/f gauge. Is there anything out there as far as pre-made pods go?

Thanks!

That gauge is the exact one I have and it works perfect, as well as having diagnostic codes for low voltage and a few other things. (I really like mine)
Been running it full time in the car for 2 years now without one issue.

As far a gauge pods, I have looked around quite a bit when doing my dash and pods are ridiculous expensive for what you get, so I built one to integrate into my carbon fiber dash caps.

Attachments

• pod.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 225
Ok good, I will prob buy it then. Does it data log at all? Or just show a/f on the fly?

Here are the gauges I have now. I might just mount it on the column. Unless there is something that uses your iphone to see the a/f.... hmmm

Attachments

• Pictures 002 re-size.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 176
I use aem wideband and have had no problems. Cost was 170 bucks. When I mounted mine I bought aautometer gauge cup which allowed me to mount it anywhere.

Ok good, I will prob buy it then. Does it data log at all? Or just show a/f on the fly?

Here are the gauges I have now. I might just mount it on the column. Unless there is something that uses your iphone to see the a/f.... hmmm

Yes it data logs also.
It comes with a serial port data loging cable and the pigtail on the gauge for it.
A laptop with a serial port would be perfect for it.

Then when you realize serial ports on laptops are rare these days, keep in mind that there are adapter cables to go from USB ports to a serial connection.

They come with a bung as well as a couple of changeable faces in case you want a black face instead of the white one shown in the pictures.

Trailbeast, where does that dashcap come from. Looks cool.

Trailbeast, where does that dashcap come from. Looks cool.

Hand made by me with ordered carbon fiber and motorhome molding trim cut down the center and used for edge trim.
It has .030 steel under the carbon fiber for support and 3m double backed sticky between them.

One of one. :D

Just like my speedometer.

Attachments

• newface.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 170
Very creative. Did you post the build on a thread?

Very creative. Did you post the build on a thread?

Thank you.
No I didn't make a build thread, just documented most of what has been done with pictures and post a couple here and there when the subject applies.

-
Back