Not open for further replies.

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
Need AC brackets 72 Slant Six Valiant

The style of bracket I need bolts to three bolts on the water pump NOT the left motor mount! It has an idler pulley on it, and the PS pump bolts to it as well. There is a second reinforcement bar from the head of the compressor to the middle of the engine cylinder head. Mine is cracked where the compressor bolts on. Thanks in advance!

acbracket1.jpg

That looks like the bracket I just sold off a 75 Dart. The top bracket looks the same also.

Mine had the main bracket and three reinforcement bars also. That may be an updated version if they had trouble.

Attachments

• 75 Dart2.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 585
  • 75 Dart9.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 483
Need AC brackets 72 Slant Six Valiant

The style of bracket I need bolts to three bolts on the water pump NOT the left motor mount! It has an idler pulley on it, and the PS pump bolts to it as well. There is a second reinforcement bar from the head of the compressor to the middle of the engine cylinder head. Mine is cracked where the compressor bolts on. Thanks in advance!

acbracket1.jpg

Heck I'd just take it off and (if you doin't have a MIG welder that is) run it down to the welders shop and have them weld it and re-inforce that bolt hole by adding it a washer or thicker metal piece) on the front so it doesn't interfere with the compressor and use a longer bolt with a washer to lock things down. you have tons of clearance in front of the bracket.

Greg, I might have the bracket with the idler pulley - let me check. I have a couple of other braces also that I will look at.
C

Heck I'd just take it off and (if you doin't have a MIG welder that is) run it down to the welders shop and have them weld it and re-inforce that bolt hole by adding it a washer or thicker metal piece) on the front so it doesn't interfere with the compressor and use a longer bolt with a washer to lock things down. you have tons of clearance in front of the bracket.

That is a very good idea but it's the wife's driver and I don't want that much down time. Also, it's a real common piece. What you suggest could be effective on the new one:to reinforce the bracket before it breaks. Anyway, I appreciate all the feedback. Keep looking in your parts boxes!

I have got a 1975 unit with idle pulley , looks like the one you need .has 3 braces $50.00 plus $25.00 shipping , p/m me if interested.

I looked and could not find the larger bracket with the idler pulley. I thought that I looked at it just a short while ago. Old timers disease I guess!
C

I scrounged up everything locally except the top brace from the compressor to the top of the engine block. Anybody got one? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back