Need advice on buying dart swinger

-

Dave=06

Reaction score
I have been looking for a 99+ mustang for acouple of months than yesterday my buddy told me about a 75 dodge dart swinger his friend is selling. So i went and checked it out and i instantly wanted it but before i buy it i thought i should do some research. It originally came from arizona and is rust free. It was a 6cyl and the guy replaced it with a 360. It was just recently painted orange and the body looks to be in perfect condition. The only thing is the interior needs to be redone in my opinion(seats and doorpanels) and the windsheild needs to be resealed because it leaks in one corner. Other than the body the car needs alittle work. It is an automatic and it runs good. The guy is asking 6000 for the car as is. Does this sound like an ok deal. I dont know much about old muscle cars but i really like this one. Any advice is very appreciated. THANKS

even with the work thats been done to it. I thought the the paint job alone is worth at least 3000.

how is the engine? is it fresh or old and tired? how about the rear? 360 v8 and old 7 1/4 rear won't hold up to any punishment. you say the car was originally a 6? then what has been done on the suspension? front end will need to be made heavier to hold the additional weight of the v8.you will need to look at all of these things first.if it checks out then i say if it looks to be solid and the engine is new or fairly new then 4500.00 to maybe 5000.00. alot of the work will have been done, which you will be miles ahead on.

Id say $4500 tops. Regardless if the paint cost $3000, he wont be getting that back out of a 75 Dart...any pictures?

Thanks for the advice. Is there any thing else i should look for. If it still has the old rear end whats the most i should offer. All i know about the motor is it was rebuilt about 40000 miles ago. Iam going to look at the car today and i will check into all those issues. The guy is a mechanic so hopefully he has taken care of all this.

rear end is important along with suspension upgrades. motor is not exactly fresh either. front suspension rebuilding will set you back a grand to do. rear can set you back 500.00. id offer him 4500.00 and see where it takes you.

it will help alot to bring someone with you that knows mopars inside and out. this will help you in the decision to buy it or not....

So your saying 4500 top if the suspnsion upgrades and rear end are done. I dont really know any one that knows mopars inside out, but thanks for advice

if it all has been upgraded offer 4500.00. see if he bites at it. 5000.00 max if it has all been done! if it hasn't been all done use those things as bargining tools. i would stay firm to 4500.00 if it hasn't......remember anything with mopar isn't cheap! they are very expensive cars to mess with compaired to gm or ford. interior parts are expensive as well. that is also a good thing to bring up.

for a quick estimate how much do you think it would cost to replace door panels and redo the seats

front door panels at legendary interior are 210.00 a pair. seats are 250.00 for front bench and 160.00 for rear also from legendary.

Iam going to look at it right now and take it for a cruise. I will take some pictures and get back to you guys. Thanks

I agree with Demon and Cuda, also take a friend with you, someone that will keep you from buying it in the heat of the moment. Good luck!

-
Back