need advice on radio

-

dpenton

Reaction score
i am restoring a 1973 scamp for my son. we want to replace the stock am/fm with a cd stereo. Is there one available to fit that hole or do i need to consider cutting out or relocating another stereo elswhere in the car?
Any help appreciated.:cheers:

I would call Crutchfield. They only list for the 73 Challenger and Barracuda on their site but I bet they have more. They'll sell you the install kit and all to do it right.

A-body radio mount is not close to the e-body. I would hang it under the dash-they don't make AM radios like they use too anyway.

A-body radio mount is not close to the e-body. I would hang it under the dash-they don't make AM radios like they use too anyway.

I am aware of that. that's why I suggested he call Crutchfield.

Hello. I have a 73 Scamp also. If the car does not have AC (or the vents below the dash vents have been removed like mine) you could use a radio box below the dash. See this website: http://www.hotrodproducts.com/RadioBoxes.htm
I am very happy with how mine turned out. I was able to (barely) fit my B & M Megashifter with the original bench seat. I will post a pic if you are interested.

Wildbill

Here is a picture of how my CD player installation turned out using the box from the link above.

Wildbill

Attachments

• 102_0610.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 97
-
Back