{{{ need advice - your thoughts ????? }}}

-

rickstershemi

It's True....I'm Nutz
Reaction score
Looking at pulling the trigger on (4) Ansen 15x7 w/4" backspace & F60-15 Firestone Wide-O-vals for the 64 Valiant. Will be tight on the fronts but will fit fine I believe from all the measuring I have done...?????.....anyone running this size wheel & tire on all four.....???????

Rickster

Rick, I had a 65 Valiant that I was able to run 245/60/15 on. Rims were Wheel Vintiques 15 x 8 w. 4.875 in. backspace. Stock 7.25, stock wheel wells, new ESPO springs arched 2 in. over stock. Never had an issue unless I had two 200+ lb. guys in the back. :thumleft:

IMG_8283.jpg

Rick, I had a 65 Valiant that I was able to run 245/60/15 on. Rims were Wheel Vintiques 15 x 8 w. 4.875 in. backspace. Stock 7.25, stock wheel wells, new ESPO springs arched 2 in. over stock. Never had an issue unless I had two 200+ lb. guys in the back. :thumleft:

IMG_8283.jpg

Not concerned about the rears it's the fronts that I'm asking about I want to run the same wheel & tire at all four corners....?????? What size are you running on the front...????

Rickster

Yea, fronts can be tricky too, wider ones do rub. Cant think of any factory A body cars with 7 inch rims on the front.

I have 245/60/14 on the front of my 71 Dart which rub bad when I drive over my driveway apron on an angle.

On the Valiant I ran 15 x 5 with either 205 or 215/60/15.

Well have scrapped the ansen idea for steelies....looking at a set of 14x5.5's this afternoon that supposedly have been in storage for 25 years and perfect....$50 bucks 8) Wheel Vintiques 15x7 w/4.25BS on the rear.....will paint to match car and pull the trigger on new dog dish caps I found on the bag :cheers:

Any of you guys have any experience with Coker's Firestone Wide Ovals polyglass tire.....I love the look 8)

Rickster

hello rickster, I love the black steelies on your car kinda nascar/ meaning business. as if the air cleaners sticking out of the hood doesn't hehe. onemoparman(moparts)

hello rickster, I love the black steelies on your car kinda nascar/ meaning business. as if the air cleaners sticking out of the hood doesn't hehe. onemoparman(moparts)

Thanks....it actually worked out better than expected......measure....measure & then measure :glasses2:

Rickster

There's a guy I've been steering (no pun) FABO guys to. He builds the wheels for Stockton and Wheel Vintiques.

He's cheaper (cutting out the middleman) and is a wealth of knowledge. He can make whatever you want and will be a good consult on what will/won't work for your car.

PM me if you want his contact info.

PK

-
Back