Need advice

-
The car is put away for the winter, whatever i decide hopefully it will be ready by spring. I'll post what I did and a video, thanks to all.

Here is what happened here with a guy with a 72 charger ralley. We installed a fresh 340.
202 heads,
471 lift cam.
headers.
700 holley
LD340 intake
323 open 8 3/4
The car had on the tires that are on my Duster in the picture below which are bias. I traded him for the wheels some time back. He would try and spin the one Tire. He would floor the car and pump the brake to get the one tire to spin. after a while he would get the tire spinning but as soon as he would let off the brake it would move about 10 feet and bog.
He was bummed out and kept playing with the timing and a bunch of other tweaks but no help.

He came to me and bought a 410 sure grip. His buddies said he needed gears. It was now worse Because now he had to spin two. We put two skinny radials on it and I mean skinny off of a 73 Duster . He could not get them to spin without using the brake. I kept telling him to get a converter. He didn't want to spend the money or pull the trans.

I finally convinced him by letting him put my factory 340 converter in I pulled from my Duster for one day We did the work for free. You could just stab the throttle and turn the tires through low and second. He bought a cheap GER converter . Everytime I saw him in his car he would smile and light the tires up.

One thing you want to remember is If you have a small block get a 3500 It will stall at 2900-3300. In a Big block they will stall at around 3500-3800. You will not feel any difference in normal drivability. Just when you take off hard from the start It will feel like you have a more HP . While you have the trans out install a part throttle kick down servo. It goes on the side of the valve body with three screws. Get them out of any 4X4 truck Taxi or fleet car or truck. and all big blocks after 73

This will down shift the motor with any depression of the throttle when it needs to. If you have automatic shift trans without a manual valve body Install a 340 or 426 govenor. This will hold the shift to 6000 when flat out. You won't need to shift it manually. Just leave it in drive and slam the throttle on your new rocket. It will now launch and hold the gears like it was made when new. With out shifting it. It is the little things that some don't know about the really makes the difference.

DSCN2529.JPG

Here is what happened here with a guy with a 72 charger ralley. We installed a fresh 340.
202 heads,
471 lift cam.
headers.
700 holley
LD340 intake
323 open 8 3/4
The car had on the tires that are on my Duster in the picture below which are bias. I traded him for the wheels some time back. He would try and spin the one Tire. He would floor the car and pump the brake to get the one tire to spin. after a while he would get the tire spinning but as soon as he would let off the brake it would move about 10 feet and bog.
He was bummed out and kept playing with the timing and a bunch of other tweaks but no help.

He came to me and bought a 410 sure grip. His buddies said he needed gears. It was now worse Because now he had to spin two. We put two skinny radials on it and I mean skinny off of a 73 Duster . He could not get them to spin without using the brake. I kept telling him to get a converter. He didn't want to spend the money or pull the trans.

I finally convinced him by letting him put my factory 340 converter in I pulled from my Duster for one day We did the work for free. You could just stab the throttle and turn the tires through low and second. He bought a cheap GER converter . Everytime I saw him in his car he would smile and light the tires up.

One thing you want to remember is If you have a small block get a 3500 It will stall at 2900-3300. In a Big block they will stall at around 3500-3800. You will not feel any difference in normal drivability. Just when you take off hard from the start It will feel like you have a more HP . While you have the trans out install a part throttle kick down servo. It goes on the side of the valve body with three screws. Get them out of any 4X4 truck Taxi or fleet car or truck. and all big blocks after 73

This will down shift the motor with any depression of the throttle when it needs to. If you have automatic shift trans without a manual valve body Install a 340 or 426 govenor. This will hold the shift to 6000 when flat out. You won't need to shift it manually. Just leave it in drive and slam the throttle on your new rocket. It will now launch and hold the gears like it was made when new. With out shifting it. It is the little things that some don't know about the really makes the difference.

View attachment 1715011625
Thanks that's why I asked for advice, there's nothing better than someones experience in a matter that you really don't know about ( you being me) thanks again

This is how a small block should leave with sticky tires. The spare tire is in the trunk. care weighs almost 3600 with me in it . Has mufflers and full exhaust . This is a legal street driven car that leaves on many street and race cars in it class. It has no power adders . mid 10's and will go faster this year. My stock brown Duster went high 12's in drive with 355's

scan0019[1].jpg

If you have the 8.25 rear, a 3.55:1 SG can be had from a Dakota. Up to 92 or so, check the spline count I am not positive on the change year. I did this for a total cost of $109 including diff fluid and gasket. I like the 3.55's a lot. Made a world of difference with my mild teener.
And cost effective.

This is how a small block should leave with sticky tires. The spare tire is in the trunk. care weighs almost 3600 with me in it . Has mufflers and full exhaust . This is a legal street driven car that leaves on many street and race cars in it class. It has no power adders . mid 10's and will go faster this year. My stock brown Duster went high 12's in drive with 355's

Wow that's impressive thanks

View attachment 1715011771

-
Back