Need an opinion on a 1967 'Cuda.

-

ladderdawg35

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and could use another non bias opinion. I have the opportunity to purchase a 1967 Cuda fastback. It is a clean rust free example with nice original interior. Fresh paint and a clean 318 bored 40 over with an auto transmission. Took it for a ride and all is good. Has upgraded power brakes and a installed transmission cooler. A very nice driver. Senior owned and asking price was 13900. Got him down to 12800. Is this a good deal for the car or should I walk away? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 who painted the car? for that coin engine compartment should not be black.
2> re-sale red--- if the work was correctly done then it might be ok--
3. take a buddy with you or pay an independent body guy to inspect the craftsman ship of the body work/paint
4. if you like & it passes by all means buy it. Lawrence!!

Black under the hood shows that whoever did it wasn't a Mopar person. There is no windshield washer bottle. The fuel line is wrong. The brake system has been modified. Looks like the instrument cluster plastic has been painted black and the includes the glove compartment bezel. Why the aftermarket gauges, originals not work?

Does it have a fender tag or build sheet?

As far as I could tell the instruments all worked. As far as the bodywork goes I went around the car with magnets and could not find any bondo.(not to say there isn't any there). In the condition the car is in and from what the pictures show, what do you think the car is worth? I don't expect a show car but I want to make sure I do my research before I drip that kind of cash.

As far as I could tell the instruments all worked. As far as the bodywork goes I went around the car with magnets and could not find any bondo.(not to say there isn't any there). In the condition the car is in and from what the pictures show, what do you think the car is worth? I don't expect a show car but I want to make sure I do my research before I drip that kind of cash.

Personally, I think $9000 would be a strong price. I have seen some just as nice sell in the $7000 range during the winter. That black under the hood will turn off any real Mopar guy.

It does have a fender tag. Car came from the factory with the 273 and a 2 barrel. Unfortunately for me, here in Florida, there really isn't any "winter season." The car came from New Hampshire a year or two ago and it hasn't been registered in this state yet. First thing I did was get under the car and check for rust. Car appears to be undercoated. I think the guy is trying to re coup the money he said he spent in the re spray. I appreciate all the help.

When I said winter, I meant some people put cars on the market because of paying things like property tax, income tax and etc... When things have to be paid the toys usually go first.

Since the car came from the rust belt, I would have a professional put it on a rack and really go over it.

-
Back