Need bumper ID - 1963? Valiant

-

Justcruisin'

Reaction score
I recently got a front bumper for my '65 Valiant but it does not quite fit. The bracket holes don't line up & the measurements aren't exactly the same as the bumpers on my '65. There is "7777" stamped on the inside of this bumper. Is this a 1963 ? I looked up photos of the '63 Valiants & it sure looks the same. I thought maybe you guys would be familiar with the # stamped on the bumper.

Next question: if it is a '63 can it be installed on a '65 with different brackets?

It's a gorgeous bumper & has just been rechromed. I really need to know exactly what year it is for before I do anything.

Thanks guys!

PICTURES WOULD HELP--- Look throught the photos to compare to your bumpers you have.
I believe the 63 cars have a lot of 1 year only items due to the transition nature of that year.
It might work of you have 63 bumper brackets--if that is what you have--
Good luck Lawrence

the bumper you have is 63 only,the way the grille on the 65 is made it is pointy in the middle and the 63 is a flat style grille,I have a 63 and a 65 valiant,ok so i got a 64 and a 66 too but whose countin? LOL Vdart your car is awesome! I looked to see if you had any photo's in your gallery but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! nice car!

hey waggin, cool 2dr conversion! I'd thought about coverting my wagon to a 2dr someday. does the hardtop glass and weatherstripping all fit? have you finished all the welding on it yet?

-
Back