need dash wiring references

-

floivanus

Reaction score
Starting to put the interior of my 67 Barracuda fastback together, I lost the reference pics of the back of the dash and need to see where the wiring all goes any help would be appreciated

Well floivanus, I can tell you that all of the plugs on the harness are specific to their components, meaning that the light switch plug is configured to the light switch only and will not plug into anything else, and likewise with all of the other plugs. If I were you, I would start at one end of the dash and work your way to the other. The wiring harness is shaped to conform to the dash, meaning if the light switch harness is plugged in and the wiring routed through the looms, it will follow the original path it took when it was removed. The other plugs will then be in line to plug into their proper switches. The cluster plugs are also the same, all are specific to their locations and tabbed to only plug in one way. The Amp guage is a bolt on and the red side is stamped "red" on the back of the cluster. You will end up at the passenger side of the dash after everything is plugged in with just a couple of small plugs for the courtesy lights and heater box, which are also configured to plug in one way. Take your time and follow the shape of the harness and you should get it back in with no problem!!! Good luck, Geof

Ok,

I don't have pics showing the wiring on the back, but the wiring clips in at the bottom of the dash and like cosgig said, it only goes one way. I am in the process of putting mine back together also. Don't forget the grounds!

Ignore all my small add-on wires shown. Only pic I had handy.
The 2 ring terminal connectors for the amp gauge could be placed wrong. One post is labeled RED. Hardly visible when needed.
Flat secondary board connector could be placed wrong also. 2 wires to the top is proper.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• rallye panel connctions.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 135
that helps a bit, what I'm really worried about is the press on connector that pushes onto one of the studs of one of the gauges (gas gauge I think...) looks like it has a capacitor ( or whatever you'd find inside a distributor) wired straight to it. Don't have a clue what it is really

its a noise suppressor, goes on the 12 volt post of the fuel gauge. so the contacts of the voltage limiter dont make a pop in the radio speaker. More info in the DeMonIVR link below.

-
Back