need driveshaft length for barracuda w A-833

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I am putting an A body A-833 in my 67 cuda and attaching it to an 8.75 rear. I have a longer driveshaft from a 74 dart with the correct yoke, and U joints.

Can anybody give me the correct length dimension of a stock length A-833 4 speed driveshaft for a 108" wheelbase A body.

A dimension of the drive shaft tube from end to end at the welds would be great.

Thanks
Matt

Get under there and whip out the tape? There was a driveline length thread awhile back.

My car is as you see it in my avatar. I was hoping somebody could help me with the correct length.

also, a dart has a 111 inch wheel base, a cuda has a 108 inch wheel base...if that matters?

69' Barracuda, 440, a-body 4 spd., 8.75 rear.
This is what mine shows with "tape" measure, cross center to cross center 49".
(with my eyes:glasses7:, anyone seen my dog?)

Attachments

• DShaftLength.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 146
69' Barracuda, 440, a-body 4 spd., 8.75 rear.
This is what mine shows with "tape" measure, cross center to cross center 49".
(with my eyes:glasses7:, anyone seen my dog?)

Thank you sir,

That was exactly what i was looking for. Now i can get this driveshaft cut and balanced.

One more question, is your A-833 the A body short tailshaft one?

I have a 74 dart shaft that will fit my 8.75" chunk, and has the correct sliding yoke for my A-833. I know the dart shaft is longer than the A body cuda. So the dimensions you have if your running a short tailshaft 4 speed should be spot on.

LMK
Matt

Exact setup i am going to be doing w a small block. Did you cut down and mod yours for your application? Or is it a factory length A body 108" wheelbase driveshaft?

Thanks
Matt

Matt,
I'm not the first owner of this car although I've had it for a long time. Whether the shaft is original or not I cannot be sure. To my knowledge no mods were made. The car is a 383 4spd 8.75 from the factory. I do believe I've seen other posts ranging from 48.9" - 49.25".

48.9" to 49.25" im sure there were variations from the factory. 49" center to center of the grease caps is a nice easy number to remember.

-
Back