Need Everyones Advice...

-

Wilnutt

Reaction score
1st things 1st..how much would you pay for a 1976 plymouth roadrunner with a 408 stroker,a500 tranny(w/overdrive), and 3.91 suregrip 8 3/4... ps,pdb..great condition..runs low 13's....

2nd.. what would i need to turn this none a/c car into an ac car..and how much am i looking at...

I NEED HELP ASAP..THANKS..

I found info on 75's and 77's..but no 76's

answer to first question,as little as possible.second question ,from 600 under dash add on. to 2500, high end vintage air and changing to factory ac trim ducts and airbox. what ive been told when i inquired

i know ALAP..But how much do you think is a fair asking price???

AND...BUMP...

i know ALAP..But how much do you think is a fair asking price???

AND...BUMP...

Depends on how cherry and complete, but less than $10k is my take on it.
Is it a cast crank or forged crank engine, and what rods does it have, huge cost diff for those parts alone.

1976 Roadrunner, 408 Stroker motor, Eagle H beam Rods, forged pistons, 202 Heads. 750 Carb with single plain intake, Headers. 4 core Rad, have all receipts for engine. A500 over drive Transmission built with all the upgrades. 2800Stall with B&M flex plate. 8 3/4 Rear with 3:91 Limited slip Gears. Power front disc, power steering. Pioneer stereo with CD player and 2 6x9 back and 2, 8 inch speakers in front. Bucket seats with console. Sunroof. Paint & Strip kit about 10 yrs old, Comes with extra set of strips ($500 value) have new rubber seals for doors, Paint & Body is in fair Cond, Great Mechanical Condition. Car was featured in Mopar Muscle Magazine, March of 2007. Also includes numbers matching 318 engine.

Well, the motor, Sound's like it worth somewhere bet 3-5k, Something is not right though car should be high to mid 12's. Food for thought...

So what is the seller asking to start at for the car??

he was askin 13,5..but talked him down to 12k...thing is..i look and 75's are in that range..but we know that's the year b4 they switched models...immaculate 77's run like 8k.. so idk what side to look at..bc i can't find anyu prices on 76's...it runs a 13.2...12.6 on nos

i'm thinkin for 12k it might be worth it..the only thing i'm worried about is no a/c... and..i keep hearing like a whining noise when i sit at cruising speeds..would that be the sure-grip...i'm thinkin it's an auburn or eaton... BUT PLEASE SEND THE OPINIONS SUGGESTIONS COMING...

Well ow 13's is about right I would say, those cars are a little heavier than people think. And maybe the cam etc. is not to radical to make the top end power for 12's and that would required 4:10s or steeper too I feel.

Well that was about the price I was thinking. If you really like the car, and if the engine body etc is solid I would do $11.5k. Did you say the crank is cast or steel? I missed that I think? What brank pistons.. just curious.

FYI you can spent 4-6k on a stroker in a blink. Mine cost about $7200 without the ignition system. I am sure he has a lot more than the 12K in the car in parts alone right?

and i'm not sure about the crank, etc etc..but it runs nice...warms up perdy good (2-4 minutes) nice idle...love how she shakes (in a good way) when sittin at a light...he told me i'll get you guys a pic

hey it is not an a body but it looks real nice to me!:cheers: you sure don't see very many running around anywhere....... i think it is worth it, in my opinion

and it's not for me btw.. It's for my neighbor..and younger friend of mine..tryin to convert more to mopar..i've already pimped out his brothers ram..Still ain't my bee....but the nicest 4.7 i know of... :) .. well keep them comin..and i'm gonna talk to his dad.... i don't think it's gonna last much longer

I really like the F-bodies, and like the Rodarunner package. I think it appears to be a sharp car, and with the engine package it sounds like areasonable price. The only thing that caught my eye was that it states the body is in "fair" condition. I know that the F-bodies had some serious rusting issues, so the thing I would want to do is perform a complete body inspection. If the body is solid, I'd go for it!

Grant

i noticed minor under paint rust bubbles along the bottom of the car

-
Back