Need Exhaust Pictures PLEASE!!!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
I am running 2.5" dual exhaust on my duster that I picked up from summit racing.

My springs have been relocated inward.

I am trying to see how everyone is routing there exhaust WITH and WITHOUT the spring relocation done so I can see what the best route will be and how I want to go about doing it.

because right now it does not look like I am going to be able to run the over the axle pipe that came in the kit with where my springs and shocks are at.....but maybe I am wrong lol.

Detailed pictures would be VERY much appreciated , thanks everyone!

I guess noone has exhaust on there car? LOL

come on guys and gals post up some pictures of how you have your exhaust done.

Best bet is to take it to a good local muffler shop (NOT Midas!!) and have the guys there look it over. I work part time a muffler shop locally and we get these types of problems all the time. Except for tti exhaust systems, most aftermarket sets don't fit up very well. I have a 1970 Duster 340 with factory duals from Summit and the fit is awful. Not the fault of Summit but the guy who put them on weld EVERYTHING together. No, I haven't had time to fix it either. Anyway, with your springs mounted inboard and using 2 1/2" diameter exhausts pipes, it might just be a matter of rebending the "U" part over the rear axle. If the shop can't do that, they can custom bend something that will fit your situation. Sorry, don't have any pictures of the exhaust system on mine but I doubt that would help anyway. Let me know if this helps.

DD72, I've been looking for a thread where a member posted some pics for me, but I can't find it yet.

In the meantime, here's a couple of pics I took of a trailer queen Hemi Dart exhaust. This is with a 3" tailpipe and the clearance from the leaf springs is questionable.

Exhaust with Springs Relocated.jpg

Exhaust with Springs Relocated 001.jpg

DD72, I've been looking for a thread where a member posted some pics for me, but I can't find it yet.

In the meantime, here's a couple of pics I took of a trailer queen Hemi Dart exhaust. This is with a 3" tailpipe and the clearance from the leaf springs is questionable.

Thanks for those pics. For my Demon with 3" pipes, I was thinking about running the pipes to the outside of the leaf springs. This shows that they can actually run back to the inside of the leafs and end in the stock location. With super stock springs I don't think the clearance will be an issue.

Wylde1.

Thanks for chiming in guys.......anyone else???

Still not exactly sure how I can go about it, by the looks of it...with the spring moved inward, where the over the axle tubes would come out in between the gas tank and leaf spring is no not possible lol....if I ran my pipe over the axle on the inside of the leaf spring I think the pipe would run directly into the gas tank.

so I was also thinking that there must be a way to have some pipe bent up to come out on the other side of the springs and then bend back in under the trunk pan and then exit out the back in the factory location.

then again I could say screw it and put dumps on after the mufflers or put side exits in front of the rear tires but I would really like to run the full length of the car.

so for now I will assemble the exhaust up to the point of the muffler and I will have to have something bent up some time down the road or something.

any more pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks again everyone!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKpTqy9bKAc"]YouTube- ‪Demon with new 3" exhaust‬‎[/ame]

I don't have a rear shot under the back.

exaust7.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and links!

your springs arent by change moved in are they? they look factory positing.

They don' have the relocation kit. It does have the offset hangers and shackles. Only moved in 3/4".
The car also has a fuel cell, so I don't have the clearance problems with the original tank.

-
Back