Need factory brake booster rebuilt

-

71FJ6demon

Reaction score
I have a very hard brake petal in my 71 demon. It has power disk in front (factory) and I believe the brake booster may be leaking/shot. Is there a place to get a rebuild kit for the factory booster? I would prefer to rebuild it myself or if necessary get an original rebuilt unit. Any ideas who may sell these boosters or parts? Thanks!

I just sent my Midland Ross dual diaphragm A Body booster off to "Booster Dewey" in Portland OR where they will rebuild the booster, add new pushrod seal, new vacuum check valve and re-anodize both halves, the retaining band and firewall to booster adapter bracket in the correct gold finish. I will have less than $200 in it.

To test booster, with engine off pump up brakes and hold, start engine if pedel moves slightly downward booster is ok!
Vinnie
1964 Dart convertible

The Autozone Booster is a Cardone unit correct? Stroker Valient did you have to order it from Autozone? Was it a dual diaphragm unit?

John D. Beckerley

The Autozone Booster is a Cardone unit correct? Stroker Valient did you have to order it from Autozone? Was it a dual diaphragm unit?

John D. Beckerley

On the Auto Zone website, the booster looks like the larger in diameter single diaphragm unit.

i heard some newer jeep or something has the same booster, but is allot cheaper. been trying to think of exactly what car the guy said to get one for though...

Booster Dewey did the booster on my factory original '69 340 Swinger, HIGHLY recommend and that work was performed about 10 years ago.

I mailed Booster Dewey my booster on a Tuesday, he got it on Wednesday, and I picked it up from him on Friday afternoon on my way to the Portland Swap Meet. Can't find better service than that. Granted it would have taken longer if I had wanted the gold anodizing done, I didn't so it was a quick turn around.

Power brake exchange

they rebuild many oldere boosters.

I have a Midland Ross for my 62 Ford, its a 10 screw style

rebuild cost is $135.

best

-
Back