Need Feedback on MRL Roller Lifters!

-

clinteg

Reaction score
So here's the scoop. Engine builder is trying to mock up the engine so that he can send off the rotating assembly to be balanced. He ordered 1 set of Comp's lifters just to mock up and later found that the lifters will not work without grinding on the block and then also found that the rollers are not pressure oil fed. So to point out the obvious, he's not wanting to go with those because he can't even mock up the engine and then there's the pressure fed roller issue.

I had been telling him that Mike at MRL builds mopars and makes roller lifters to drop in and actually fit without mods. So he took a look and very much likes the design and the fact that they are pressure fed rollers. The only hang up he has on them is success stories and/or failure reports, which I understand because I can't seem to find anything either. But I do remember seeing a post about a road racer or something that switched over to Mike's lifters with much better success than with the name brand lifters he took out of the motor, but I can't find that post.

Now I know some here have bought Mike's roller lifters as well. So I'd like to hear some real world successes or failures, whatever it may be, on them. I have no doubt they are good lifters, I just need some actual customer feedback from those who have put these through their paces. This will place some peace of mind for my builder and that will give me the flag to order myself a set.

The table is now open!

Nobody huh? Strange. Well I have nothing but time right now. MRL is unfortunately out of sbm lifters at the moment. So I got on the list for a set of the pro plus lifters when they come out!

I have a set in my SB and a set in the BB. Haven't ran either engine yet. They did fit OK in both applications. Had to open up some areas in the BB but I have 3/8" pushrods and am using the .800 offset lifters in a new combo (block and heads are both new). Went with non-oilthrough pushrods and lubricate the top of the pushrods via the lifters.

-
Back