Need Glove box lock, latch or lid

-

MoparBrit

HillingdonDart
Reaction score
So glad the board it back up!

Have a '71 Swinger and need a glove box lock in good shape. I'd consider a non-locking one as well, but would rather have a locking one if at all possible. If you have one with the key all the better! Maybe off that parts car you have???? Looking for one where the knob has not been broken off and jimmied back on. Will consider the complete glovebox door/lid/whatever it is called if you are unsure of how to remove the lock/latch mechanism. Tired of having to wedge a screwdriver or similar in ours to open the glovebox as ours is broken to bits.

PM me with what you have, how much and if PayPal is okay.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

One last go to try and find a glovebox knob latch thingie. I would think other years than just '71 would work, but could not tell you for sure.

Cheers

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Larry408 for his help. Emailed info, even sent pics and was a true Mopar person ready to help! Thanks!

On the latch, I'm currently testing on a neighbour did for me. Another that the knob had come off, but he peened the tabs back over on it on the back and used some channel locks to bend a few more over to hold it on. Going to test it a bit and see if it holds up. If not, then I'm going to jump all over Larry408's latch. Thanks again for the help.

Cheers

You can look up "Benevolence" also. May have to send him a PM but I was at his house today picking up some torsion bars and brake parts and he had 2 darts and a scamp sitting there. He's parting some of them out and I would guess he would have what you need. He has really helped me out and had what I needed.

If the others don't work out, I probably have a glovebox door with latch off a 71 also.

-
Back