Need header recommendation for 73 Duster

-

RJK3

8 3/4 Hoarder
Reaction score
Swapping the /6 for a 360 and torque flight. I've got power steering and a column shift. It seems everyone likes Doug's, but I don't see any that will work with a column shifted automatic...

Any suggestions?

Have a 360 in my 74 Dart swinger with TTIs. Previous owner installed it with the schumacher mounts. And it still has power steering and there looks to be tons of room for column shift linkage

I've got Schumacher mounts as well. Thanks for the response.
Any pics?

Yeah, lets see under the hood of that thing...

TTIs cleared the column shift in my 71 Scamp no problem. Doughs should be the same. I believe they are the same design.

There was already a set of Headman's in my Dart Sport when I bought it. They are hammered pretty hard to clear the power steering.
I would say whatever you do, don't buy those.

Ted

Lol...that's what I'm trying to avoid.
So the D450 should work?

There was already a set of Headman's in my Dart Sport when I bought it. They are hammered pretty hard to clear the power steering.
I would say whatever you do, don't buy those.

Ted

I just installed Hedmans in my dart with a 318 and power steering and only had to clearance the no 1 cylinder down tube about 1/8 inch because it barely contacted the power steering mount bolt closest to the motor.
I have a cable shift on the floor in mine, but the Hedman installation instructions said/showed how a column shifter linkage had to be modified.
Looked like a pain in the butt.

Yeah, the Hookers show that the linkage needs to be flipped, cut, bent and welded. That's not my idea of a good "fit"...
Looks like its the D450 or D453.

Yeah, the Hookers show that the linkage needs to be flipped, cut, bent and welded. That's not my idea of a good "fit"...
Looks like its the D450 or D453.
67-76 need the d453, the 64-66 need the d450.

I've got Schumacher mounts as well. Thanks for the response.
Any pics?

Yeah, lets see under the hood of that thing...
Don't really have good pics and motor is not installed right now to get pics but here are the few I have that are probably of no help. But my car does still have the column shift column in it and had no clearance issues

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 156
-
Back