Need heater delete pics

-

Dusteriffic

Stink finger
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm hoping you guys can post some pics of all 73+ A-body heater delete parts (block off plates, pass/side vents, bezels, etc.)

I don't think any American or Canadian car had heater delete by '73 as it was against the law to not have a window defogger. Someone in Mexico or South America might have one if you can find one.

I don't think any American or Canadian car had heater delete by '73 as it was against the law to not have a window defogger. Someone in Mexico or South America might have one if you can find one.

You could be right. I guess I'd like to see pics of any heater delete system then, as long as its cosmetically comparable to the 73+ stuff.

I've just made this one. It's for my '67 Valiant thats going to have no radio either :yawinkle: This is the same for '67-'72 Valiants and '70-'72 Dusters (other than some paint differences). I think '73 and after have just one big hole in the center for the control knobs right?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 271
I've just made this one. It's for my '67 Valiant thats going to have no radio either :yawinkle: This is the same for '67-'72 Valiants and '70-'72 Dusters (other than some paint differences). I think '73 and after have just one big hole in the center for the control knobs right?

Holy crap, that looks pretty nice. Did you have the outside edge chromed as well?

Yes, '73 and after have just one big hole in the center for the control knobs.

A 73+ unit would look just like that, except it would be black with a chrome edge.

Yes it has chrome around the outside edge and is painted silver inside just like factory. I can do the same for you but chrome with black center. Do you have a bezel you can send me so that I can modify it?

i pulled all heat controls out of the dash and welded a plate in to make everything nice and flush, also pulled everything out from underneath the dash and welded the firewall shut for the blower motor and hoses. check out my build thread some of the pics i have might be useful to you.

This is what I did on my 70 Dart for the vent box. Will work for a 73 too. I just cut the vent free from the heater box. Then cut a section of meterial from the heater box the fill in the gap in the vent box.

Attachments

• vent%20box.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 178
OEM from a 67 valiant...

Attachments

• 10-4-2010 003_1.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 011_1.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 012_1_1.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 013_1.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 015_1.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 016_1.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 170
This is what I did on my 70 Dart for the vent box. Will work for a 73 too. I just cut the vent free from the heater box. Then cut a section of meterial from the heater box the fill in the gap in the vent box.

Nice Job! That exactly what I did to my Scamp.

-
Back