Need Help: 1965 Valiant parts on a 1966?

-

kyler

Reaction score
I just found a 1965 Valiant parts car at a junk yard. It is a complete car, but it is 1965. I have a 1966 and know that needing parts is inevitable. I want it mostly for the glass that would be otherwise hard to get in the event that I needed it.

My question is: What parts are compatible and what parts are not? Would it be worth $500 if I could talk them into it?

make sure the car is the same body style as your car-- ie hardtop , sedan ,etc...
as for worth it that is up to you.

there would be many other parts to interchange , look it over carefully-- surely you've been told no before-- make an offer!
Lawrence

Very few f he body & trim are the same but the glass did not change.
If you did get a solid car there would be interest in many of the parts that won't fit your car - with '65 bumper, tail lights, grill, fenders, head light bezels & more you might be able to help others out.

Very few f he body & trim are the same but the glass did not change.
If you did get a solid car there would be interest in many of the parts that won't fit your car - with '65 bumper, tail lights, grill, fenders, head light bezels & more you might be able to help others out.

They want $1000 for it. If enough people wanted to go in on it for parts they need I'd be happy to buy it and trailer it to my house where people could either come get the parts they reserved with their buy in price, or they could arrange shipment. Just a thought. I want the driver front window and the engine/transmission.

I would pass, is your car missing the driver window? Have you sold items on this site-- be prepared for a lot of time & energy used!
use the search function & diligently check the ads here & your local craigslist,

Washington state has a plethora of dodge cars take your time another will pop up.

1966 is a 1 year only back glass. the gasket is also a 1 year only deal.
as others have said trim is different.
I used a lot of little pieces off the 65 cuda I parted on my 66 valiant.

-
Back