Need Help !! A Body Steering Center Link Hitting Oil Pan Wrong One?

-

dartkevin

big block
Reaction score
Hi have a 440 in my 1972 dart swinger and just put in a 440 engine in with a moroso oil pan.I have clearence when i turn the steering to the left but not to the right. have 1/2 inch of clearence on the bottom of the oil pan on this till i start to turn wheel to the right and this center link has a bend in it that goes up there to conect to idler arm and it starts to hit the oil pan.

This was a 6 cyl car when started this project but looks like it has the 8 cyl center link with the dip in it for oil pan clearence.

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PICTURE OF A 1968-1972 V8 CENTER LINK I CAN LOOK AT TO SEE IF I HAVE THE CORRECT ONE NOT A 6 CYL ONE!!!!

It seems if the idler arm was a little longer a 1/2 inch or so this center link will work left and to the right .Any help will be great thanks dartkevin. [email protected] 248-476-7008

I have a dropped center link for 67-72 cars that I bought for my 66 but it was too wide. PM me if you need it.

Thanks for all the information on this .I found out i do have the correct cnter link.What we have is a moroso oil pan in this car.We are looking at lowering the idleler arm mounting tab on this car so it will clear the oil pan it looks like this will work and still give us good stearing ANY one ever do this for clearence ???? Hope it will work. What do think on this? dartkevin

-
Back