Need help/advice

-

Hooligan111

Reaction score
I'm restoring a 1964 Dart with 904 push button transmission and a 225 Slant Six engine. We went with the Clifford Performance upgrades with dual outlet headers, intake manifold and a Weber 2 brl carb.

The problem I'm having is that I'm now being told that I can't use the push button transmission with this set up. Does any know if this is true? Or if there is some way to make this set up work? I'm basically being told I need to get another 904 from the post push button era and put a shifter in the car.

Any advice will help.

Thanks.

Whoever told you that is full of el toro poo poo. You will need to replace the rod style throttle linkage with a cable setup and your kickdown linkage will need to be replaced. Lokar and Bouchillon Performance both sell kickdown cable kits that work quite well. Cable throttles are even easier since they came stock in any '67 up A body and all you have to do is remove the '64 linkage and the floor pedal, drill 2 holes in the firewall, and bolt up the new pedal assembly. I have one out of a '72 Valiant I will send you if you want it, but it will need a new cable. You will also need a cable bracket at the carb to tie everything together though that should have come with the manifold and carb from Clifford...

-
Back