need help ASAPPPPPP but its not like going to kill if you dont hurry and help haha

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
ok so these are my problems my dash lights and steering colum lights do not work at alllllll but my signal lights in the dash work and i dont know how to fix it

#2 my tail lights do not come on at night when i turn my lights on BUT my brake lights work when i push the brakes

#3 my horn fuse wont stop blowing

so these are all my problems please help kinda hard to drive at nite with out these

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...1&part=PRF%2D10127&N=700+115&autoview=sku

If the north side of $400 for a rewiring kit is out of the question, you are just going to have get down to the basics and start tracing/testing the wiring. Clean all the grounds, bulkhead connector, batt cables, check/test fuses, find the short in that horn wiring. Drop the column, pull the dash, clean/test bulbs, connectors, etc, etc, etc... You got a multimeter and test light?

Or, spend the $429, rip it all out and start over.

You could just try going over the grounds first. Start with the rear tail lights. Put a ground on the case of the light, if that doesn't work you can assume you aren't getting 12v to the back. Now go to the switch. get out your wiring diagram and make sure you have 12v leaving it going to the back. If you have 12v leaving, follow the wire and find out where you loose voltage. All you need is a test light although a meter is better as it tells you more like do you have full 12v or just 6v leaving the headlamp switch. You will need a wiring diagram for this. ( http://www.mymopar.com/wiringdiagrams.htm ) , just tackle it step by step. If your harness is loosing its insulation your better off to do what Ace says and fork out the dough for a new . If you do have to patch it, use solder and heat shrink and do a good job as it will bight you later.
Good luck

Like above^^^
Make sure you have an 1157 in your tailights. On your light switch under the dash, make sure there is a hot wire going to it. As for your horn, what else is hooked into that circuit? It could be just a pinched wire. On the DS, take the kick panel off. Thats where the horn relay is. Identify the color of wire going out thru firewall then make sure its not touching ground somewhere. I think its a green with white stripe wire yours may be different.

Address one problem at a time is usually the best plan. Then again if you have an aftermarket jukebox in it ALL of your problems could be right there.
Good luck

I had the same thing happen in a b body, and the issue was a loose connection on the back side of the fuse block.

For what its worth,same thing happened to Bryce's Duster,turned out it was aground problem.We moved the wires on the foot dimmer switch and all the lights came on.The horn sounds like a nother problem though.

Hope this helps---Bob

ya its werid the tail lights worked before so i know they work i guess ill work on that one first....

then the gauge cluster replace all the bulbs???? or can the circuit board be bad??

dash lights and tailights are on same fuse, check the fuse connection and fuseblock

the 2 lil green indicater lamps are on the same circuit with outside turn signals. Hih beam indicater and park brake indicater lamps are on seperate circuits also. Only those that dim with the dimmer feature of the headlight switch are out ? Most likely the dimmer reostat. Ash tray lamp, heater control lamp and radio lamp are on this dimmer circuit also when so equiped.Thats part of the reason I mentioned jukebox earlier (radio lamp wire).

the 2 lil green indicater lamps are on the same circuit with outside turn signals. Hih beam indicater and park brake indicater lamps are on seperate circuits also. Only those that dim with the dimmer feature of the headlight switch are out ? Most likely the dimmer reostat. Ash tray lamp, heater control lamp and radio lamp are on this dimmer circuit also when so equiped.Thats part of the reason I mentioned jukebox earlier (radio lamp wire).

correct only the ones that work with the dimmer switch are out weres the DIMMER REOSTAT???

its built into the headlite switch. also just for kicks make sure your headlite switch has a very good ground

That dimmer feature is easy to bypass on a otherwise good switch. Result is brite as possible dash lights at all times.

i jsut need them to work... right now i use my phone to see everything ;) so i need to fix that and my brake lights and were good

well i know my bulbs are bad so thats why the lights in the cluster arent working

is it possible the main board is bad??? or would it be the switch???

-
Back