Need Help. Brake Booster on 67 barracuda

-

uk-barracuda

Reaction score
i live in the uk, with a 67 barracuda RHD, and brake booster is knackard. and have been told that i couldnt get it reconditioned over in the uk as they cant get kits to do them. midland ross unit with a clamp around the middle of the servo, double diaphram it is. can anyone help me out.

it has the front disk brakes, its rhd but dont think it's any different to lhd cuda's. year 1967

cheers

I dont know about a booster but I just read this in Mopar Muscle. Its called Red Bore. Contact Just Suspension.com or powerhouseproducts.com. Its a new master cyl that replaced the booster. the article is in the june Mopar Muscle if you want to read about it. I hope this helps.

Hi uk-barracuda,

If you like, I can try and help you. I live in Seattle WA (usa) and I also have a RHD Barracuda but its a 68 convertible (#25) with power disc brakes.

Being that these were the same for both the 67 and 68 I should be able to use mine as an example for comparison.

Contact me at : [email protected] as I do not vist this site to often.

John Sullivan.

Hey uk-barracuda,

Just viewed your pics, wow! beautiful fish. I'am excited to get mine done now even more.

what issues have you had with your steering box mount? When mine was still in the UK, it failed MOT.

Mine had broken and been repaired several time over the years and when I got it, I replaced the damaged framerail section that the crappy insert that Chry used.

I will not be reverting to the old steering box setup but instead i'll be converting to coil over and a rhd rack.

Search Britfish on this site for a thread I started awhile back that has more info and pics of the progress.

I think I've got the same Midland Ross booster (about 7 or 8 inches in diameter). I just sent mine off to Power Brake Booster Exchange (aka "Booster Dewey" - http://www.boosterdeweyexchange.com in Portland Oregon. I bought mine used and have no idea of the condition so it's off for repairs as needed and to have the anodizing done. This might work for you.

-
Back