Need Help Decoding B-body

-

IfItsGotWheels

XS Tech-Anything worth doing, is worth doing in XS
Reaction score
We're looking at a 69 Roadrunner, but when I try to decode the serial number I get mixed messages. Here's the serial number: RM23 E63 D32 823 B00345

The decoder I used said it was a 66 318 Roadrunner. WTF

HELP

R= Plymouth/ Satellite-Belvedere (Roadrunner), M= medium trim class, 23= 2 door hardtop, E63= 383-1 4bbl, D32= 727 trans. The 823 and B00345 are production order number I'm not sure of the 823 code, would need to see it's location on the VIN tag. There is a bunch of missing information in your post, but if you were to post a pic of the VIN tag or build sheet, I would be happy to decode the entire car!!! FYI, any RM code is Roadrunner. Geof

the serial number is on the dash and on the bottom line on the right hand side of the fender tag under the hood.It will be 13 characters long with no spaces on the dash and usually separated into 3 parts on the fender tag but still in the same order.

It looks like you've got parts of the fender tag info mixed in with the serial number which would mess up a decoding program.

The previous poster has it all sorted it out and I'll guess that the 823 is the build date which would be August 23rd,the 8 being the 8th month and 23 being the day.That would make it a really early production model as that would be 1968 build date.

the serial number is on the dash and on the bottom line on the right hand side of the fender tag

Not if the car was built at Lynch Road. In that case part of the VIN is in the bottom line & part of it is in the top line. ;-)

-
Back