Need help finding 8 1/4 shim kits

-
Well looks like this thread made it
Ok, can anyone here tell me where I can buy a shim kit for my 8 1/4 rear end 73 up Duster rear end. I don't want to buy a pinion kit, I just need shims

01AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

01AAAAAAAA.jpg

01AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

Well looks like this thread made it
Ok, can anyone here tell me where I can buy a shim kit for my 8 1/4 rear end 73 up Duster rear end. I don't want to buy a pinion kit, I just need shims

View attachment 1714929884

View attachment 1714929885

View attachment 1714929886

Ratech Manufacturing has shims for most differentials-- for the 8-1/4 their part # 1100 ,,, can be ordered direct or from Summit Racing---- another option if you know any one that has set up an 8.8 rear axle used in Mustang , trucks etc. --- the 8.8 uses the same pinion shim

Ratech Manufacturing has shims for most differentials-- for the 8-1/4 their part # 1100 ,,, can be ordered direct or from Summit Racing---- another option if you know any one that has set up an 8.8 rear axle used in Mustang , trucks etc. --- the 8.8 uses the same pinion shim
I do know someone and he is just over the hill with a couple 8.8 rear ends laying around :) Thank you and I will give them a try, I sure am glad I received the help I needed before my day got started :thankyou:

I hooked him up, it is the spacers between the bearings and the adjusters he needed

That might be why the shims are needed, I do remember when I got it home I had it on a bench and it was a tad shorter on the carrier bearing side. Mystery solved?

Yep :thumbsup: I pulled the carrier (peg leg) out of the rear end and the carrier adjuster would not loud up to meet the pinion good with the sure grip unit, had all the adjustment in I had, I will keep everyone updated with pictures and do a 8 1/4 rear end build here some where :rolleyes: there is nothing here on a 8 1/4 build at all :BangHead:

-
Back