Need help finding an engine

-
Thanks for the input, that's why all I'm looking for is the short block (block and rotating assembly). I have what I think are most if not all of the other parts in a pile in the garage. After calling a few places it looks like I should be able to get a basic rebuild for around $1500 plus the block that I bring them ($125). Then I'll bolt all the parts I have on to the engine to complete it. I'm not going for big power numbers, just a nice cruiser around town. Thanks again for the input!
OK, that makes sense. Your initial post kept saying 'engine', so I assumed you wanted the entire engine. A short block for $1500 might be possible, but it might cost a bit more Good luck with your search. Don't forget to post an ad in the WANTED section of this forum.

Figured I would keep everyone in the loop. On Sunday I pulled an engine from an 01 RAM 1500 at Nevada Pick a Part for ~$150 with tax and core fee, then dropped it off for machining and rebuild on the short block yesterday for ~$1000 (new bearings, pistons, rings, freeze plugs, etc.) And will pick it up sometime next week or the week after when it's finished. total investment in the short block will be ~$1200 then I'll bolt all the other parts I've bought in the past few months to it. Thanks to everyone that responded to this!

Figured I would keep everyone in the loop. On Sunday I pulled an engine from an 01 RAM 1500 at Nevada Pick a Part for ~$150 with tax and core fee, then dropped it off for machining and rebuild on the short block yesterday for ~$1000 (new bearings, pistons, rings, freeze plugs, etc.) And will pick it up sometime next week or the week after when it's finished. total investment in the short block will be ~$1200 then I'll bolt all the other parts I've bought in the past few months to it. Thanks to everyone that responded to this!

That's not too bad!

-
Back