Need help finding my new instrument regulator

-

2kids

Reaction score
I need a new instrument regulator and am having a little trouble finding one for my 1971 dart swinger 225 slant 6. I found one at rockauto but it's listed for a 198 cu - not sure if this would be the same one that I need? Can anyone confirm and or let me know where to get the one I need. Seems to me it's probably the same one for both of these cars but I just want to be sure - sure is not cheap!

Here's the one at rockauto:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1088399,parttype,4885

Thanks!
Darcy

P.S. anyone know why all of the sudden rockauto has like 90% fewer parts for my dart - are they discontinuing certain categories or something?

There's no difference in instrument cluster voltage limiter by engine size, but the one you want is this IVR4, which is better, safer, and more reliable than the stock replacement type.

There are several solid state replacements out there with a wide range of price.

Redfish speaks the truth -- and he supplies an electronic unit that is highly regarded. It's worth supporting our fellow FABO community members. Sorry, Redfish, didn't mean to forget you like that!

No worries. I dont want to sell a part that isn't needed anyway.
I get my cookies finding and fixing the problems. :)

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the advice.

So if my gas gauge and temp gauge are not working it's a pretty good bet that I need a new one of these regulators correct?

Thanks,
Darcy

Either you need a new regulator or you need a new regulator and new gauges. It depends on what the failure was. If the regulator points stick closed, it shoots full line voltage to the gauges, which cooks them to death.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the advice.

So if my gas gauge and temp gauge are not working it's a pretty good bet that I need a new one of these regulators correct?

Thanks,
Darcy
Yes sir,
The low oil warning lamp operates on 12 volts like everything else.
When one gauge fails alone the problem is that gauge/sender/circuit. When all the related gauges fail its a safe bet that the limiter is the problem.
Hop this helps

-
Back