Need help identify my SB 727

-

juergen

Reaction score
Please, can anybody help me and identify my sb 727 trans. It has the numbers 79, 05, 2, 4028191. I know the link to mymopar.com but it doesn´t work.
Thanks
Juergen

...not tryin to be smart here...a serious question. what are you tryin to find out about it? they have been in circulation so long you could decode the whole thing and it still might not be what's inside. Know what i mean Vern? I'll see if i can dig my transmission book out in the meantime. maybe somebody else will beat me to it.

Alright...I knew somethin was screwy with that number. That ain't the number you're lookin for. the number you want is stamped into the trans pan lip of the case on the driver's side. Get that and we might can help you.

ah, you mean the other number, ok, i´ll see in the garage and post here. Ok, here we go: PK 4058378 6552 2540.
Thanks for help
Juergen

I'm lookin, but I can't find my DEADGUM transmission book. I'm still lookin.

ah, you mean the other number, ok, i´ll see in the garage and post here. Ok, here we go: PK 4058378 6552 2540.
Thanks for help
Juergen

The link to MyMopar works for me but that number is skipped. Are you sure it's not a 4058376? If so it's a 1980 non lock up 727 used behind a 360. Thh next number is 4058383

-
Back