Need help identifying Big block roller rocker arm

-

Dczc

Reaction score
I just bought some parts from a good Mopar guy, they had these on an engine he bought from another enthusiast. He said they were working, but he was going high hp and switched to Harland sharp brand new for his build.
I got these with a few other items, just curious if anyone here recognizes the brand.

Thanks

76760F4A-D384-42D3-9BBB-DE7EBD7FADE0.jpeg

5E472FA2-1EFF-475E-BF52-1AF07E753C3D.jpeg

I just bought some parts from a good Mopar guy, be had these on an engine he bought from another enthusiast. He said they were working, but he was going high hp and switched to Harland sharp brand new for his build.
I got these with a few other items, just curious if anyone here recognizes the brand.

Thanks

View attachment 1715746276

View attachment 1715746277
Roller bearing or bushed?

Good question. Looks like just straight aluminum. Also, they each have an “e” or “I” for intake or exhaust.

8EBDB5E7-D910-4562-8B04-CD0B6106C5B1.jpeg

It might be. As you can see, I got more than the 16, I haven’t gone thru and cleaned them up and culled the bad ones yet.

Just trying to start by identifying what I have, the. See which are good, which are not, and if it’s worth trying to replace any potential missing or damaged ones.

The other stuff I got I could identify straight away (Hughes 1.5s, Edelbrock, etc.) these were more a mystery, even to the seller... it was one of those “I’m selling this stuff to clear space, do you want it?” Type deals. I know it was fair to me overall, just trying to identify these to decide what they’re worth, and if they’re worth my time and effort.

I’ve googled briefly, and don’t see any that look just like them. they’re more defined in the machining than the procomp/speedmaster bodies, but I’m certainly not saying they’re top notch. More just trying to figure out what they are.

I’ve googled briefly, and don’t see any that look just like them. they’re more defined in the machining than the procomp/speedmaster bodies, but I’m certainly not saying they’re top notch. More just trying to figure out what they are.

I think those are DOVE rockers or something close to that name. IIRC they are now tits up or they ain’t making Chrysler stuff anymore.

I think those are DOVE rockers or something close to that name. IIRC they are now tits up or they ain’t making Chrysler stuff anymore.
Thank you sir, I appreciate the info.
I’ll try to research dove and see what I can find.
Were they any good, from what you recall?
Basically if you were comparing would you say:
1= speed master/procomp.
2=prw/440 source/pick your middle tier
3= Hughes/td/Harland sharpe.

Im guessing one of the first two categories.

Thanks again For your time.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the info.
I’ll try to research dove and see what I can find.
Were they any good, from what you recall?
Basically if you were comparing would you say:
1= speed master/procomp.
2=prw/440 source/pick your middle tier
3= Hughes/td/Harland sharpe.

Im guessing one of the first two categories.

Thanks again For your time.

IMO they are every bit as good as the Crane rocker, which I think they copied. I’m not a fan of needle bearings on a reciprocating shaft. I’d rather run plain aluminum until they get some wear and then have them bushed. Or, bush them when they are new.

I appreciate the Info guys. I’ll clean them up, get all the pieces and shims together and see what we’ve got.

It at least sounds like they might be worth it and ok for someone willing to put in a little sweat equity.

I’ll get together what I have, post some more pics and I’d love to hear what you guys think would be fair for me to sell them for.
I’ve got some older Hughes all aluminum 1.5s I’m running on my victors.

I will be using Comp steel rockers, roller tip, bushed not needle rollers; have already bought them. They look well made & super strong.

Doesn’t the HS rockers have a bigger body??? Now I have to go find a picture and see how far in the weeds I am.

I wasn't saying THIS was them. I was simply saying that Harland Sharp did make some for Mancini. It's just a guess. Since they don't have "buttfucker's rocker arms" stamped on them, that's all we can do is guess, right?

I wasn't saying THIS was them. I was simply saying that Harland Sharp did make some for Mancini. It's just a guess. Since they don't have "buttfucker's rocker arms" stamped on them, that's all we can do is guess, right?

Yep, Ima guessing myself.

-
Back