Need Help in Florida..Motor Swap

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Guys......I need some contacts in Florida (central) to help with a motor swap.......I want my 273 swapped out for a 340 or 360, and my 8-3/4 installed in place of the current rear.

My back is just NOT up to the job, and garage rates are out of the question.....I'm looking for an enthusiast with some experience to take on the job.

If you guys have any contacts or know of any possibilities, PLEASE let me know.

Doc.......... ( e-mail at [email protected] or send me a private message here at FABO. )

The Cuda is being picked up by the carrier this afternoon in NY.......I'll try to coordinate the actual swap, more than likely, for a time in June or July to give me enough time to get every part, nut and bolt that will be needed for the job.

The car runs and drives fine, so there's no hurry....want to do it right the first time.

Yeah, we got tools......only thing I have to pick-up is a decent hoist I guess....I'll probably rent one though for lack of storage, unless whomever helps or takes on the job can provide one.......

I'm not particular on where it's done either......if it's done at someone else's place, it's fine with me......whatever's gonna work out best.......I'm not looking for a handout either.......I'll put up some cash for the help, but just can't afford to have a business do it.......WAY too much dough........

hey if you need and extra hand my tools are allready in my dart.lol im in tampa but i work in st.pete

i have a friend in Lakeland that may do it,he has a garage with all the tools etc,he has many mopars and dragcars,he does tech articles for mopar muscle,very smart guy,ill call him,pm me with your #

I'm game, just gotta make sure the wife isn't working that weekend...sounds like fun, and between 4 or 5 of us, should be quick work... :cheers:

Sounds like fun.. if I could just "convince" my wife on another trip to Florida lol.. Make sure you get some pics before, during and after - especially if there's libations involved :)

Grant

I would be willing to give you a young and agile hand. Never swapped a motor before but I'm sure it would be a great learning experience. Keep us updated and let me know if you need me for an extra hand.

I'm shoppin' for motors........and I appreciate the offers for help........we'll keep y'all posted on what we pick up here.......the car is supposed to roll in tomorrow on the carrier.........Anxious........8)

(I do NOT like the position they stuck her in !!!!.......Pick-up on her head and her backside hangin' out'n 'da road........NERVOUS and jerky!!)

car 019.jpg

-
Back