Need Help Installing Plug Wires - 340

-

Sparky1

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Does anybody have a good diagram for plug seguence from the rotor to cylinders. This is a 340 and realize that 1,3,5,7 are on driver side and 2,4,6,8 are on the passenger side. What I am trying to figure out is - where on the rotor cap is number 1 to number 8. Thought I had a picture but no,... did a search on this site and thought I might find a diagram but came up empty.
I'm sure that somebody has a diagram - I really only want to make up the plug wires *once* and want to get it right the first time.
Thanks for any help.

Does this help?

Firing order.jpg

The firing order for a 340 is

1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2

I'm going to need some help on this part, but I wanted to seem smart one time....

You need to bring the number one piston up to the top of the cylinder on the compression stroke and that will be number one on your distributor cap. I hope that is correct, I know someone will correct me if that is wrong or if I left something out. I hope I helped.

Does this help?
Thanks Demon 408..... does the diagram take into consideration when I trun the distributor to advance or retard(?) the timing. I can look tomorrow but I wonder of there is a mark on the cap for #1..... of couse, that would be way.... to easy.

Follow BigRichieO's directions to get rotor pointing to number 1 on cap, or at least close to it. If your timing marks are correct on your damper the zero mark will be at the TDC mark. Rotor should be point somewhere close to the front of the engine.

Thanks Demon 408 and BigRichieO for your help. I'll give it a shot. I also found another diagram in a book I had in the house.
Thanks, again.
Sparky1

-
Back