Need help painting my interior...

-

demon700

Reaction score
I have heard a lot of mixed opinions on this. Some say it works, others swear it doesn't. I tried to search it, but came up short.
I need to paint my entire interior from dirt brown to black, the metal will be easy enough, but the plastic and vinyl may be tricky, any tips on products or procedures? Also, the previous owner replaced the headliner(brand new cloth...brown), does anyone know of a product to paint or dye this as well, or the best way to attempt it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

I have heard a lot of mixed opinions on this. Some say it works, others swear it doesn't. I tried to search it, but came up short.
I need to paint my entire interior from dirt brown to black, the metal will be easy enough, but the plastic and vinyl may be tricky, any tips on products or procedures? Also, the previous owner replaced the headliner(brand new cloth...brown), does anyone know of a product to paint or dye this as well, or the best way to attempt it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
I painted/dyed my interior black and white, and all I can say is clean, clean and clean some more. The seats, I would not dye but get new seat covers. the paint I used would rub off on the seats. The headliner was easy to do, the door panels when I pull them out again I am going to redo them and then clear coat them. I would not use the duplicolor dye but I have heard good things about sems so I am going to try them next time.
You will have to take the windshield out if you do not have it already out. Otherwise you can not get the job completely done as the dash needs to come out.

The SEM spray dye in the cans works well, BUT, before you do spray em do two things. As stated before clean em good with either Prep Sol or some times i use laquer thinner. After you clean the panels well spray em with an aresol called Bulldog. It's an adhesion promoter. This will give a better stick to the vinyl stuff. Good luck with it and keep us posted on the outcome.
Small Block

hey Demon I have used Sem a lot and it works well on plastic , metal.vinylnot so good cloth not so good. For vinyl use Mar Hide. Head liner Year One fairly cheap about $150 good luck Junior

-
Back