need help pricing

-

74Dusterkid

Reaction score
i am going to be parting out my 74 duster and i need some help with putting a price on parts of the car. right now im letting my unlce have free roam to take what he wants off of the car for his demon and then i will give him prices for the stuff he takes. but i dont know where to find a good place to start getting references for prices. right now he wants most of the trim ,back seat,turn signals, wiring harness, wiper arms,possibly the wiper motors,maybe the front bench. i will see what else he wants from it. after that and he gets what he wants off of the car i might be able to get some stuff up on here. thank you to every one that helps me with this. and all the money that i get from this is going into the purchase of a 73 dart that is in better shape than my duster.

i will be keeping the 8.25 rear for the dart and the mag wheels.

craig

You've already broken one of my main rules - always come to a clear understanding of the agreement first, before completing a deal. However, since you are working with your uncle, we'll count on him treating you fairly (sometimes even family is harder to work with than strangers).

I have sold several spare parts over the years, and I always thought my pricing was fair and reasonable. I tend to look at it from the perspective of a buyer - at what price would I like to be able to buy it? I look at ebaY sales, classified ads on this and other web forums, craigslist, etc. to get an idea of what the market value might be. In other words, I want to be fair - I'm not looking to make a bundle off of each sale. I also like to think that I am able to provide parts for other folks to complete their special projects, just like I am trying to do - on a limited budget.

I would say that the small stuff you listed would bring somewhere in the range of $15-$40 per piece. Depending upon their condition, the seats might be a little more. If you start getting into larger items, such as fenders, K-frame, suspension, etc., that's a different story.

My two cents,
Jerry

-
Back