Need Help Sourcing a part.

-

HotRideShow

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Kinda new at this forum thing so, but im in a major pickle and need some help if you would be so kind.

I am in search of a Brake Proportioning Valve(hope i spelled it right) for a 1971 Demon. Its for my bosses car which is being totally restored but we are unable to source a replacement part for it. it needs to be an original unit.. So if anyone has one laying around or knows where i can get one please dont hesitate to shoot me a message.

Any and all leads would be much appreciated.

~Chuck

Is it a drum brake or disc brake? And do you know what range of vehicles it could be from?

Combination valves don't normally wear out or go bad, why does he need a replacement?

Chuck

its Disc brakes. the valve stopped working. but just the power going to the rear brakes. all the lines have been checked and the brakes themselves were checked as well. the only culprit left was the valve. everything else was either new or near new except for the valve itself which is the original unit..

There might be some debris in it I would open it up and clean it out, I would bet it would cure the problem. It sounds like the valve inside it stuck to one side and won't re-center.

Chuck

thanks for the suggestion. i will try that tomorrow and see if it helps.

-
Back