Need Help-What are these bucket seats?

-

73SwingerDart

Reaction score
I am looking to order seat reupholstery kits. I need help identifying these bucket seats and back seat. They are currently mounted in a 74 Duster but I believe the car originally had as bench seat from the marks in the carpet. The previous owner did not know what they came out of either. The back seat folds down but the package tray is curved and it looks like something else is supposed to be there. Leaves an open curve that you can see into trunk area when the seat is up.
Does a fold down rear seat supposed to have a straight package tray that meets up with the back top edge of the seat when in the upright position?

Any help identifying the year of these front and back seats would be appreciated. Someone with a keen eye will be able to identify from the original upholstery patterns...I think 75-76 Duster/Dart Sport.
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20130924_095202_resized.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 20130924_095235_resized.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 20130924_095224_resized.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 238
Those should be 72 and up A body seats, since there is no hard plastic back

Looks like they could be the correct year for that car, maybe out of another '73+ A body.

The fold down seat is correct and original, I don't know why the factory did that large cut out in the package tray, but that's the way it was done. Maybe for more vertical clearance for stuff in the trunk. :dontknow:

Is there a fender tag or buildsheet?

Attachments

• 3B15281362.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 251
Thanks for the help guys! Good to know its not missing something on the package tray. When I bought it last month it did not have a build sheet but it does have a fender tag on it.
So it sould like 73-76 all the same buckets if I order upholstery kits. Might have slight difference in styles of fabric but the shapes of the seats are the same.

Forgot to mention another confusing item. When I bought the Duster it had the little flip up "Buddy Seat" stuffed in between the bucket seats. Upholstery looks to be the same and about in the same condition like it was all pulled out of something else at the same time. I thought the Buddy Seats were a B Body option? Anyone, anyone,,,, Bueller?

Forgot to mention another confusing item. When I bought the Duster it had the little flip up "Buddy Seat" stuffed in between the bucket seats. Upholstery looks to be the same and about in the same condition like it was all pulled out of something else at the same time. I thought the Buddy Seats were a B Body option? Anyone, anyone,,,, Bueller?

Never seen one in a A body

Buddy seat - They are in A bodies also. I had a few factory A bodies cars with the buddy seat.

your bucket seats are 73 and up

The seat option would be coded on the fender tag. It looks like it all matches, that's why I was curious about the fender tag. Maybe they're factory...

-
Back