Need Help - Wiper linkage assembly

-

redneckmba

Reaction score
Can someone post a diagram or give a good description as to how the windshield wiper linkages should be assembled?

When I got my '74 Valiant, the linkages were in disarray because the bushings had rotted. I have new bushings, but I cannot figure out the correct orientation for the two linkages or the proper stud to snap the linkage on.

Thanks....Red

Maybe this will help U

[ame]http://content.chiltonsonline.com/content/images/5719/images/5719_valiant_g0092.pdf[/ame]

Bless you. Those posts will do the trick for me. Thanks so much.

It is so difficult to figure out how things should be oriented when you're working under the dash with limited space. Now I can get those wipers working so I can reassemble the rest of the dash and get an inspection sticker!

I took some photos of mine up under the dash for reference before I took things apart. If you want to see those let me know. I can send them tonight.

All is well. Using the information y'all provided, things went together without a problem and I now have wipers.

(I am glad I bought the box of 25 of those little grommets. I when through a few of them before I got things right this last time.)

I posted in another thread but this seems relevant. My whole passenger wiper pivot arm fell off completely. I have no idea how it goes on. Here is the mystery link. Which end goes where and does it go channel towards the car or engine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 213
-
Back