Need HELP With 69 Barrauda Gauges Please...

-

pain995

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm moving onto getting the gauges in my 69 barracuda working. They were not working at all. So after digging I noticed that there was a wire coming from terminal A as shown in the photo. According to the document with the photo this wire should tie onto terminal B (at least thats how I'm reading it). So I hooked it up and started the car and the gauges all started to move. But they all kept moving to a maximum reading. Anyone have any advice for me as to what would cause this?? Also the silver capacitor on the left hand side with the wire coming from it. Any idea where that wire gets hooked to? Is there any gauge voltage regulator supposed to be on the panel? I know in the 70's they had them. Sorry for all the questions but I'm a newb at this so any help I can get is really apreciated

69_Gauge.jpg

This IC panel shows how power flows through the three-gauge gas, oil, and temp circuit. Terminal “A” is Power In to the gas gauge voltage regulator, then to the gas gauge bi-metal bar in “B.” “B” feeds power to “D” (Power In to the temp gauge) and “F” (Power In to the oil pressure gauge). Power flows through each gauge and to the sending unit through the sending-unit terminal. “C” represents the gas-gauge sending-unit terminal. The temp gauge is “E” and the oil-pressure gauge is “G.”

-
Back