need help with a A/C question

-

1970b5swinger

1970B5SWINGER
Reaction score
converted my 1970 318 dart air conditioning to 134 A put in a can to see if compressor kicks on, it did so bled the system put on a new dryer and a new accumilator valve put new o-rings were needed put the vaccum pump on for 2 hrs, began my install of new freon again after 1/2 can compressor kicked on this was done with car running and ac max setting on and temp control on cold after 4 cans it still doesnt blow cold air. I am not loosing freon, could the slide from hot to cold air be the problem or ??????????? your input will give me something else to look for

This may or may not be related and my experience is limited but I have seen over and over to make sure you put the right amount for your system by weight. Most if I remember correctly were 1.5-2.5 pounds of R-134. Also check the can because some weight of it may well be an additive.

no additives in the 134 a I did put in the proper amount of ester oil before filling I will have to add up the weight of the cans but I think I am real close,but no cool air at the vent

-
Back