Need help with a holley 670

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

Bough a Holley 670 for my 360. Opened up the bran new cd with install instructions, etc and the darn thing is damaged. I looked through the Holley site and didn't see much on this carb.

Does anyone have a link for install, etc ?

Thanks
ian.

I have a holley 770 street avenger, but I did not come with a CD, mine had a booklet. What do you need to know? Maybe I can help.

Holy cats, that manual doesn't tell you much.

My experience is with SU carbs..I bought this new ..there is a carb in the box and a bunch of other stuff. I am slightly over whelmed.

I had the engine broken in on an electric motor. I need to put the carb and ancillaries on it plus the headers, pop it in the car and pray that it starts.

Is there an idiots guide to this ?

I need to know how to install it and does it come from the factory to be installed and run or do I need set it up ?

Wat do I need to know or what questions should I be asking ?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

ian.

Download the manual M-head posted. Not much else ya need to know. I run the same carb and had to adjust the acc pump and jet up on the primaries, was surging at cruisin speed. You'll need to tweak it a bit as it not a "Run Out of the Box Carb" as advertised.

Already done. Is that something that I can do or do I need to shop that out ?

Thanks
Ian.

Nine times outta ten they run great outta the box. I would sling it on and give it a try.

I Tossed the Eddy carb i have under the bench 1406 and installed a 670 Avenger, set the idle mixture screws and away you go, works out of the box.

No fool, no fun. I shall.

There is a guy I know that is great with engines...if something funky is going on, I can book an appointment.

I don't expect everything to work perfectly when it goes back on the road.

ian :)

Fisher,

What did you use for your setting ? Does it go by turns like motorcycle carbs ?

Thanks.
Ian.

You need a vac gauge and a tach. I start by turning the screws all the way in then out evenly till i get the best vac reading and idle .i think mine are at 1.5 turns out.

Fisher,

What did you use for your setting ? Does it go by turns like motorcycle carbs ?

Thanks.
Ian.

Fisher,

Thanks. I take it t mean that I could use a mechanical unit....where do I take the reading ?

What should me idle be ?

Thanks
Ian.

-
Back